Research has shown that women are unfortunately less likely to seek addiction treatment than men. Once women do make the brave choice to seek treatment, their chances at a successful experience are increased if they can benefit from a supportive, gender-specific treatment experience.
To best serve our female population, Northbound offers gender-responsive treatment for women through our Women’s Addiction Treatment Center and Women’s LINKS (similar to our Residential Care Services, but with a Christian-based approach) programs. The right environment is key.
In a nurturing, safe environment, women create strong, loving bonds as they support one another on the recovery journey. The program is highly flexible and adaptable while still maintaining the structure and support necessary to facilitate long-term recovery. We are located in the coastal region of Newport Beach, California, a breathtaking area that provides an inspiring atmosphere to help our clients focus on healing, with world-class opportunities for healthy activities and sobriety fellowships.
Your Support System
At Northbound’s Women’s Addiction Treatment Center, we have an interdisciplinary treatment team that collaborates with individuals who arrive at Residential Care Treatment to ensure that their treatment plan aligns with their unique needs and goals. Everyone in treatment is assigned a team of up to six people, which might include:
- A Case Manager
- ASAM Certified Addiction Psychiatrist
- Nationally Certified and Licensed, Masters-Prepared Primary Therapist
- Licensed Addiction Counselor
- Masters-Prepared Trauma Therapist
- Music Therapist
- An Academic Advisor (when enrolled in Collegebound®)
Our compassionate team, each person an expert in his or her respective fields, is there to guide you through our full continuum of care to achieve our mission in celebrating one year of continuous sobriety.
While no treatment plan is exactly the same, here is a sample of a typical day at Northbound’s Women’s Addiction Treatment Center.
What to Expect: The Typical Day
- Morning meditation
- Program Specific Group Foundational Intensives
- Yoga, Gym, or Other Physical Exercise
- Individual Therapy Session
- Outside Experiential Group Activity
- Outside Support Group Meeting
- Free time
- Nightly routine and lights out
What Sets Our Women’s Addiction Treatment Center’s Program Apart from Other Residential Treatment Programs?
Women will work with their clinical team to customize their treatment plan that aligns with their needs and goals by adding any of Northbound’s Signature Services.
Our proprietary work program empowers those in recovery to secure employment—with the help of a Northbound career counselor—while continuing to thrive in their sobriety at quality drug rehabilitation centers in California.
The Northbound DBT program is facilitated by our masters-prepared, DBT-trained therapists who help participants explore DBT skills that focus on gaining awareness, understanding, and insight into their own recovery.
Individuals who have suffered psychological trauma and who are chemically dependent require an integrated treatment approach, so we are focused on identifying and treating trauma symptoms as well as dependency.
The music program at Northbound empowers clients to engage with music and promote healing through self-expression, complementing other therapies to create a personalized approach to addiction recovery.
Over the course of four days each month, family members come together to reconnect with the person in treatment, repair relationships damaged by drug and alcohol abuse and learn about the roots of addiction.
How Long is Successful Residential Treatment?
There is no one typical length of stay. However, we have found that many people find three months of Residential Treatment an ideal amount of time to launch a successful life of sobriety.
Pursue Education and Strengthen Your Chances for Success in Life with Northbound’s Collegebound® Program
Northbound’s Collegebound® is a college recovery program in Orange County for young adults that offers the unique opportunity for participants to further their education and truly turn their life around, all within the supportive and highly accountable treatment environment. This program, available at both the inpatient and outpatient levels of care, ensures that clients stay focused on building their recovery while pursuing their education and building a brighter future.
Moreover, Northbound’s Collegebound® Program provides participants with more than just the opportunity to further their education. They rediscover their passions, unearth a sense of hope and purpose that has often been long dormant, and enhance the priceless assets of self-efficacy and self-esteem that may have been painfully damaged through active addiction.
Transition Back into the Workforce with Northbound’s Careerbound® Program
Addiction recovery is about more than abstinence from drugs and alcohol. It is about creating a substance-free lifestyle while fully engaging in all the healthy opportunities that the world has to offer. Obtaining and maintaining employment is an important aspect of many adults’ lives, and one that builds precious self-efficacy for those in early recovery. Northbound’s Careerbound® Program empowers clients to build a sustainable lifestyle of recovery through securing gainful employment while continuing to participate in treatment. This transitional living service is available to our clients at both the inpatient and outpatient level of care. Re-entering “real life” post treatment is a challenging and risky time. Northbound’s Careerbound® Program bridges this transition with the accountability and support necessary to give each person the best possible chance for success.
Trauma is an underlying issue in many instances of addiction. We might term this dual-diagnosis and recommend a dual-diagnosis treatment program. It is natural and human for us to underestimate the lasting and severe impact that events from our past have had on our present life; this is a coping mechanism that we do to protect ourselves. However, without healing the underlying causes of addiction, the chances of sustainable recovery are drastically reduced. Northbound Treatment’s trauma program provides individual trauma therapies including EMDR, psychoeducation, symptom management, trauma-focused process groups, and experiential opportunities for shared processing. Once we are able to understand our trauma, the healing process can begin, and starts a path towards deep personal growth. Within our Northbound Trauma Program, the result is often an emerging recovery identity that grounds an individual in recovery with a newfound foundation on what was previously shaky ground.
Residential Treatment FAQs
- Picture ID
- Insurance card and RX card, if applicable
- Insurance Subscriber’s Social Security Number and Date of Birth (if applicable)
- A limited amount of clothing, as we have a limit of two suitcases and one carry-on. Laundry facilities, including supplies, are available for resident use. Irons and ironing boards are accessible, but we suggest bringing wash-and-wear clothing, for convenience. Dry cleaning services are not available.
- Outdoor accessories such as sunglasses, hats, sunscreen, and rain gear
- Medications, which must be approved by a Northbound Treatment physician. Medicine must arrive in bottles labeled with your name as well as the medicine’s name, dosage, and frequency
- Supplements, which must arrive in new, unopened containers
- Electronic devices, including cell phones and laptops -checked in upon admission and returned upon clinical review and approval
- Your car, as we provide transportation
- Clothing deemed inappropriate, i.e. provocative logos, bare midriffs, short shorts or any other clothing that may be considered distracting to the treatment process
- Any type of narcotics, including sedatives and muscle relaxants
- Any type of weapons, including pocket knives
- Aerosol cans
- Perfumes or toiletries containing alcohol (i.e. nail polish remover, mouthwash, hand sanitizers)
- Body-building and dietary supplements, i.e. creatine powder*