Deciding to enter drug rehab is a significant step towards lasting health and happiness. Making that decision is hard, and finding drug and alcohol treatment in Orange County can be more difficult. With so many treatment options available, how does one know which one is best suited for their needs? This article will take a deeper look at what to look for in an Orange County drug and alcohol detox program and how to find help for you or a loved one.
What are the Signs Someone Needs Addiction Treatment?
The signs of addiction are often difficult to pinpoint. Addicts go to great lengths to hide their substance use from loved ones. Also, the addict lives in denial regarding their drug abuse, and it is often the last person to see the consequences of their addiction. While the signs of addiction can be difficult to see, telltale signs are easy to spot. The following are the common signs someone needs addiction treatment:
- Bloodshot eyes
- Breath smells of alcohol
- Unexplained and sudden weight loss or weight gain
- Unkempt appearance
- Skin problems (especially if they are using meth or crack cocaine)
- Strange odors or body smells
- Engaging in high-risk behavior
- Not following through on personal responsibilities
- Defensiveness when confronted about their substance abuse
- Lying and manipulation
- Increased high-risk and impulse behavior
- Legal trouble
- Onset of depression, anxiety, or other mood disorder
- Wide fluctuations in self-esteem and self-worth
- Increased anger and agitation
Are There Addiction Treatment Centers in Orange County?
For those looking for treatment in Orange County, there are many treatment facilities available to provide professional help and support. As stated in the introduction, finding the best treatment programs and services that fit one’s needs can be challenging.
There are many things to consider, such as the severity of one’s addiction, the right level of care, payment or insurance options, the length of program, among others. The process of finding drug and alcohol treatment in Orange County can be overwhelming and fraught with anxiety. However, this process is more easily managed when one knows what to look for and takes the time to do their due diligence in research.
What to Look For in a Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
Undergoing treatment at an Orange County drug and alcohol detox is a significant investment of both time and money. Finding the rehab program that best fits one’s unique and specific needs gives addicts the best chance of long-term recovery. Before a rehab program is chosen, there are several key considerations to keep in mind:
- Programs must feature medical detoxification services to help reduce the discomfort, pain, and potential danger associated with drug and alcohol withdrawals.
- Programs must carry the proper accreditation to display best practices. These certifications include CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) and JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations)
- Rehabs must offer multiple levels of care such as residential, outpatient, day treatment, and aftercare. These programs must be evidence-based with a proven track record of success.
- Facilities must be safe, secure, and with up-to-date amenities. Also, these facilities have to have a strict no substance policy in place.
- Must have experienced staff with a proven track record of people from all walks of life address and overcome all types of substance abuse and mental health issues.
- These facilities must accept most types of insurance and have the ability to work with clients that are underinsured or uninsured.
How to Find Recovery Programs at a Drug and Alcohol Orange County Detox Center
Drug and alcohol treatment in Orange County will give you the necessary tools and support you need to find lasting sobriety. Northbound Addiction Treatment Center is an Orange County rehab that offers the evidence-based treatment and expert care you need to break free from addiction for good. Our individualized and dynamic treatment plans perfectly fit your unique needs. With our wide range of programs and services, our goal is to treat you in mind, body, and spirit.
Call Northbound toll-free today and begin your transformation.