Drug Detox Orange County
Detox is often the first step in the drug addiction recovery process. However, attempting to detox on your own is unpleasant and unsafe. Going to a drug detox center ensures you will be in safe hands while detoxing from drug addiction. In addition, you will receive the full support and treatment you need.
What Is Drug Detox?
When an individual consistently uses drugs, they will likely develop physical dependence over time. When someone dependent on drug abruptly discontinues or reduces use, withdrawal symptoms are likely to occur. Drug detox involves removing undesirable and addictive substances from the body safely.
How Does Detoxing Work?
The detox process and experience vary since each addict will require different treatment. In general, the detox process will involve the following steps:
- Intake: During your intake appointments with the addiction specialist, they will evaluate your health to determine if a detox program will be safe and necessary for you. If it is right for you, then they will conduct a medical evaluation of your health.
- Care: The detox process requires care from trained addiction specialists to watch over you from within a medical setting. This allows for quick responses in case you experience withdrawal symptoms.
- Transfer: After completing the detox, you will be transferred to an addiction treatment program. This is important, as the addiction treatment program will ultimately determine your long-term success with recovery.
How Long Does the Detox Process Take?
A drug detox program can last anywhere from a few days to weeks, depending on your circumstances. Factors that may influence the length of detox include:
- The drug used: Different drugs have different levels of dependence and withdrawal. Therefore, the duration and severity of detoxification will vary by drug type.
- Degree of abuse: The level of drug usage can affect the detox timeframe. Consuming drugs for longer periods and at a higher concentration can extend the required length of detox.
- Unique physical considerations: Our bodies are unique. Besides drug use patterns, an individual’s nutrition metabolism, hydration, and overall health profile can affect detox length.
- Co-occurring disorders: The detox timeline can potentially be prolonged if one attempts to detox from several substances or with the co-existence disorders which require treatment
Is Drug Detox Right For You?
Every individual is unique. Therefore, when deciding on an addiction treatment method that works for you, it’s vital to assess your own needs. For example, if you depend on drugs to function properly physically or emotionally, you need medical detox.
Drug Detox at Northbound
When you decide to detox, you’ve admitted that you need help and are ready to fight your addiction to get lasting sobriety. Here at Northbound, we offer a safe and comfortable detox program in Orange County for those beginning their journey to recovery. Our team has the resources you need to help you maintain long-term sobriety and live the life you want. So, contact us today at 866-311-0003 for drug detox Orange County and verify your insurance for treatment.