Starting rehab may feel overwhelming or unsettling for some. We want you to feel as comfortable in the process as possible, and because of this, want to provide you with all of the answers you may need prior to starting your treatment.
One question that often comes up is what to bring to our rehabilitation center in San Diego, and what to expect when settling into the facility. Below is more information about items you should pack before beginning addiction treatment at Northbound Treatment in San Diego, the benefits of Northbound, and what you should expect during the admissions process.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to Northbound Treatment in San Diego. We’d be happy to answer any questions that you may have and ensure you feel comfortable and confident in the process.
What Should I Bring to Rehab in San Diego?
If you are joining our residential (inpatient) treatment program, there are a few crucial things that you’ll want to make sure to bring. We recommend adding the following items to your packing list:
· Contact Information. Make sure you bring names, phone numbers, and addresses of people that you would like to contact while you are visiting Northbound Treatment. This includes your insurance provider, healthcare professionals, and—of course—your friends and family members.
· Comfortable clothing. While you are in residential treatment, you’ll be staying at our treatment facility. Since you won’t be leaving the facility, you don’t need to bring any fancy or formal clothing. Bring comfortable, casual clothes, and make sure to pack plenty of socks, underwear, and pajamas.
· Books. There will be downtime during your stay at our facility. Bring some fun books to read to stay occupied between therapy sessions. You also may want to bring a journal/diary to write in.
· Insurance Information and ID. Make sure you bring your ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.) and a copy of your insurance information.
· Pictures of Loved Ones. Bring some pictures of your loved ones to remind you of who is out there cheering you on and supporting you in your healing journey!
· Prescription Medication. Bring any prescription medication that is prescribed to you, along with a prescription for a refill (if needed). Also, make sure you bring the information of your prescription provider in case a refill needs to be called in. Do not bring any prescription medication without a label. Your name should be printed on the medication you bring.
· An Upbeat Attitude. Treatment will be a lot more fun and helpful if you come with a positive, upbeat attitude. Come ready to learn about yourself, your addiction, and to create a positive community with like-minded individuals.
While these are some general items you’ll want to remember to bring with you to our residential treatment facility in San Diego, we’ll also provide you with a more extensive list prior to your stay. If you have any questions about what you can and can’t bring, reach out to Northbound Treatment. We’d be happy to answer your questions.
Northbound Treatment Center in San Diego Admissions Process
If you have reached out to our admissions team and determined that addiction treatment is right for you, the next step will be a pre-admission assessment to get to know you better and learn about your specific needs. This assessment will help us determine the level of care you require and determine if any co-occurring disorders need to be addressed. Once you’ve had your initial assessment, we’ll be able to put a plan in place.
The next step of the process will be verifying your insurance. If you have insurance, you’ll be asked to send over your insurance information. We’ll then check the insurance coverage of your plan (if your provider is in-network). If you don’t have insurance or your provider is not in our network, we can discuss other payment options with you.
Once you’ve been enrolled and you are ready to start treatment, travel arrangements can be made.
Upon arrival at Northbound Treatment, a Care Coordinator will help you through a more thorough evaluation process and you will have the chance to ask any questions you may have. At this time, will have your medical history examined and a health assessment will be performed.
Your treatment at Northbound can then begin! We are very excited to have you join our community.
Why Northbound Treatment in San Diego?
There are a few major advantages to receiving treatment at Northbound in San Diego, and we can’t wait to witness the healing that will take place within your body, soul, and mind.
Some of the benefits of Northbound Treatment in San Diego include:
· Our Code of Ethics. Our facility has a strong code of ethics, and we believe in treating all of our patients with the respect and dignity that they deserve. You aren’t just another number to us—you are a part of our community!
· Diversity of Services. Northbound Treatment in San Diego offers a variety of different services and treatment methods. We’ll make sure you get the level of care you need.
· Aftercare. Northbound Treatment doesn’t just offer care while you are enrolled in the program. Aftercare is an important part of treatment, and Northbound offers aftercare/Alumni services for our graduates to maintain long-term sobriety.
We Look Forward to Meeting You!
We look forward to meeting you and helping you along your journey to recovery! If you have any questions about treatment, our facility, what to bring, admissions, or other aspects of recovery, feel free to reach out. We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Contact Northbound Treatment today to get the help you need to overcome addiction and begin your journey of sobriety.