Mental health is an extremely important aspect of overall health that people often neglect. If you find yourself suffering from anxiety, depression, or any other form of emotional and/or mental distress, you should speak with a specialist to learn more about how treatment can help you overcome these challenges in your life.
What to Look for in a Mental Health Treatment Center in San Diego
Once you’ve decided to get help for your mental health disorder, you’ll want to consider different treatment centers. If you are suffering from addiction along with mental illness, programs such as dual diagnosis treatment can help assess both mental health and addiction simultaneously.
Below are some basic considerations you’ll want to keep in mind when choosing the right mental health treatment center:
· Services Provided. There are a variety of different ways to address mental illness. These often include group therapy, individual therapy, DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy), CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), medication, and more. A quality treatment center will provide a variety of different therapeutic methods to address the mental health disorders patients need to have treated.
· Health Insurance Coverage. When it comes to mental healthcare, the level of coverage will depend on the insurance provider and the plan of the individual. If a patient doesn’t have insurance at all, out-of-pocket payment options may be available. Some treatment centers even offer a sliding scale for patients in lower-income brackets that don’t have insurance.
· Level of Experience. You deserve the best treatment available. To ensure you are getting the highest level of care, consider the level of experience the specialists at the treatment center you are thinking of attending have. If possible, opt for a treatment center with mental health treatment specialists that have years of experience in the field.
· Reviews. While reviews don’t always tell the whole story, you can get a general idea of what to expect when reading the reviews of a treatment center. Consider the average score and read the individual reviews to get a better idea of what to expect during treatment.
· Individualized Care. Group therapy is very powerful, but you’ll also want to make sure your individual needs are met—especially when it comes to mental health. The mental health treatment center you choose should offer individual therapy sessions and individualized care. Mental disorders are often on a spectrum, and every patient should be treated as an individual. You deserve care that is tailored to meet your specific needs.
· Continued Care. While mental health disorders can be treated, a continuation of care is important. Make sure the treatment center you go with sets you up for long-term success and is willing to work with outside healthcare providers to ensure your continued care once you graduate from their program of recovery.
For many patients, mental health illnesses and addiction go hand-in-hand. For a patient to get the best results possible, both need to be treated concurrently. That’s why at Northbound Treatment we offer dual diagnosis treatment for patients that are suffering from both addiction and mental health disorders.
It’s not uncommon for those with mental health disorders to use substances to try and mask and “treat” their disorders. With the use of drugs and/or alcohol, people suffering from mental illness will sometimes try to manage their disorder on their own. This ends up causing more problems than it solves.
It’s important that patients receive treatment that focuses not only on their addiction or mental health disorders but both. With the help of DBT, CBT, motivational interviewing, and other evidence-based therapies, patients can get the help they need to overcome their addiction and begin treatment for their mental health illness.
If you are using drugs and/or alcohol to try to manage depression, anxiety, or any other mental health issue, reach out to Northbound Treatment in San Diego. We’d be happy to discuss our dual diagnosis program with you.
Why Northbound Treatment in San Diego?
Northbound Treatment in San Diego has some major advantages—which include a specialization in dual diagnosis treatment.
Some of the other excellent benefits of Northbound Treatment in San Diego include:
· Our Code of Ethics. At Northbound Treatment, every one of our patients is important to us. That’s why we provide everyone that walks in our door with individualized care. Respect and dignity are at the forefront of our Code of Ethics. Early recovery is difficult enough as it is. We believe in providing a high level of support for those going through one of the most difficult transitions of their lives.
· Diversity of Services. Just as a dual diagnosis is multi-faceted, as is our approach to treatment. We employ a variety of different therapeutic methods to ensure the success of our patients.
· Our Team. Our team at Northbound Treatment is comprised of the best in the industry. Our addiction specialists can address dual diagnosis-related challenges that other addiction treatment facilities may not be prepared for.
· Aftercare. When you join the Northbound Treatment community, you become a lifelong member. We take good care of the graduates of our program. This includes providing Alumni services, as well as volunteering opportunities. We understand the importance of our Alumni “passing it on” to those that are new to our treatment program.
· Teletherapy. With COVID and other health issues, attending treatment in person can be difficult for some patients. We offer teletherapy to meet the needs of patients that require additional care but are unable to make it to our facility in person.
Help is Available!
Whether you are suffering from addiction, mental illness, or dual diagnosis, help is available! Reach out to Northbound Treatment today for more information about our addiction treatment and dual diagnosis treatment services.