Dual Diagnosis Treatment California
Northbound is a rehab facility acclaimed for our dual diagnosis treatment in California. We are a licensed and accredited treatment center with resolute, experienced, highly qualified physicians, therapists, social workers, and RNs. Whether you experience depression, anxiety, PTSD, or severe mental illnesses, we can help you heal from your psychiatric disorder alongside substance abuse and embrace a healthy lifestyle.
Importance Of Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment
Substance abuse often develops from an underlying mental health issue like anxiety, depression, schizophrenia, PTSD, etc. Most people diagnosed with a mental disorder often consume alcohol or drugs to seek temporary relief from their mental health symptoms. Over time, this behavior can develop into an addiction. Seeking help from a mental health and substance use rehab center can help you overcome your psychiatric problems and treat your addiction at the same time.
The presence of a dual diagnosis condition can make the treatment of drug and alcohol addiction more difficult. Co-occurring addiction treatment centers specialize in offering therapies that help alleviate mental illness. Besides, the therapists at a co-occurring disorder treatment center will teach essential coping mechanisms and survival skills, helping you manage triggers and stressful situations using a healthy and rational approach.
Do I Have Dual Diagnosis?
You may have a dual diagnosis if you suffer from one or more of the following symptoms:
- Choosing isolation over family and friends
- Increased or Poor appetite
- Reduced energy and motivation
- Difficulty in concentrating and completing tasks
- Decreased performance at your job and in personal life
- Irritability, mood swings, and anxiety
- Making excuses for alcohol consumption
- Strange or impulsive behavior
Dual diagnosis is treatable, provided you seek help for substance use and co-occurring mental disorders in the initial stages of your condition. We offer the best dual diagnosis addiction treatment in California using advanced therapies and holistic treatments, helping clients attain holistic recovery and improved mental and emotional wellness.
Therapies Used to Treat Dual Diagnosis
Several science-based and holistic therapies help treat comorbid conditions or dual diagnosis. psychotherapies we use at our treatment facility include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – Our therapists encourage recovering addicts to introspect and understand their thought processes to change their behavior. We address the psychological problems rooted in the thinking processes and unhelpful behavior and use CBT to teach effective coping techniques that alleviate the symptoms.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) – Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) focuses on mindfulness and emotional regulation. The mind-body connection is crucial to treating any unseen illness or disorder. The physical body and its sensations can get neglected during mental turmoil. We use specific strategies to help recovering addicts regain control over their minds, body, and soul during DBT sessions.
- Support Groups – Support group meetings offer a variety of benefits and opportunities for patients in recovery. We moderate support group communities like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), Narcotics Anonymous (NA), Al-Anon, and Double Trouble in Recovery (DTR) (an organization designed for those suffering from dual diagnosis).
It is never too late to seek help for dual diagnosis treatment in California. Reach Northbound at 866-311-0003 to begin a transformational journey towards a brighter and happier tomorrow. Our integrated and diverse treatment approach can help you gain a newer perspective on the world around you and help you learn critical skills for a successful life.