Have you decided not to get help from an alcohol rehab in Southern California based on information someone offered or advice from a friend? Don’t make a serious mistake when it comes to your future; the time you spend in rehab will dramatically impact your life if you’re willing to make an effort to change. Well-meaning friends and family sometimes say the wrong thing simply because they don’t know what to say when it comes to addiction. Take advice from recovery experts and contact Northbound today for mental health and substance use treatment- you’ll be glad you called.
5 Myths About Addiction And Rehab That Can Impede Recovery
1. Time spent in rehab is dull, boring, or in other ways can be considered wasted time. Boredom in rehab is not typically an issue; when you choose a reputable treatment center like Northbound, you’ll have the opportunity to take part in enjoyable and engaging activities and reward your progress with luxury perks and amenities. Between counseling and therapy sessions at Northbound, you can work with horses, express yourself through art, or learn how to meditate to clear your mind.
2. Most addicts recover from addiction without the need for rehab. The fact is, most addicts refuse to seek help and end up destroying relationships, their career, and their health. It’s never too late to commit to a recovery program; Northbound offers many different levels of care, including inpatient and outpatient rehab. Inquire about co-occurring disorder treatment, also called dual diagnosis treatment.
3. A history of relapse signifies you’re too far along in your addiction to recover. One of the biggest myths regarding addiction is that a relapse means failure. The truth is that repeated relapse incidents may not be your fault. Recovery specialists have discovered that undiagnosed mental illness often stands in the way of progress in rehab. At Northbound we treat substance abuse and co-occurring mental disorders. Let us help you find your path to wellness in rehab.
4. You’ll be alienated from friends and family in rehab. Don’t believe the lie that you’ll be alone in addiction treatment; most treatment centers include family and friends in a group setting during counseling and therapy. At Northbound, we recognize the importance of healing relationships during recovery.
5. After rehab, you’ll be on your own. That’s not the case in most treatment centers and it’s certainly not true regarding Northbound. We offer ongoing support in the form of Sober Living housing, outpatient programs, teletherapy, and aftercare services, all to ensure you never feel as though you’re walking through recovery alone.
Reach out to counselors from Northbound who can dispel the myths about rehab and answer your questions in full. Reach us through our 24-hour helpline at 866-311-0003 to verify your insurance benefits, connect with local resources, or begin treatment. We’ve been meeting the needs of our community for more than 30 years and have established a reputation as a compassionate alcohol rehab in Southern California. Don’t take chances when it comes to your future; contact Northbound today to reclaim your life from the hold of addiction.
Newport Beach CA 92660